I secretly always look forward to breakfast (and my morning Soy Latte). Especially when I’m staying at a lovely hotel because then you really take time to enjoy your brekkie. At home I used to make a fast breakfast before rushing out of the house a couple of minutes too late. I didn’t prioritize this moment for myself, to make a delicious and plant based breakfast before starting a busy day.
One of my 2017 resolutions was to change this unhealthy habit of mine and start each and every day with a good breakfast. To fuel my body with lot’s of vitamines and energy. As I announced on Instagram (@billieroseblog) I participated in a very cool breakfast challenge with Alpro. I had a delicious plant based breakfast every morning the past 2 weeks and today I’m going to share my 5 favorites! And if I say it’s easy, it really really is because I’m definitely not a queen in the kitchen 😉
I love to start my day with oats because it’s 1. super easy to make and 2. super healthy for you. You can also variate in 100 different ways, for example, try to prepare your oats with almond drink instead of regular milk. Or coconut drink (which is my personal favorite). Or make overnight oats when you know you won’t have time to make breakfast in the morning!
My favorite breakfast recipes are:
- Oats cooked with Alpro Coconut drink, a teaspoon of heated coconut oil, organic almond butter, raisins and a banana (SO GOOD)
- Oats cooked with Alpro Almond drink, raspberries, lot’s of blueberries, almonds and a touch of maple syrup.
- Overnight oats with Alpro Coconut drink, hand of blueberries, coconut shavings and some mint leaves.
- Oats cooked with Alpro Soy drink, slices of Apple, raisins and lot’s of cinnamon.
- Oats cooked with Alpro Almond drink and slices of banana, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, almonds, coconut shavings and maple syrup.
This post really made me really excited for tomorrow morning, haha. Very curious to hear your favorite breakfast? Grab a coffee or a cup of tea, your favorite magazine or newspaper and allow yourself to enjoy 15 min of you time and a delicious breakfast before starting your day, it really makes a huge difference!
Curious to know if you tried any of my favorites! Wish you all a lovely day and speak super soon!